Centers of Excellence
The Endoscopy Department is the flagship of the Gastroenterology Clinic, performing more than 2,500 diagnostic and therapeutic procedures annually.
All endoscopic procedures are completely painless and are performed under the supervision of an anesthesiology specialist, who ensures the safety of the examination/procedure, and administers the medications that render the endoscopy safe and painless.
The Endoscopy Department is the flagship of the Gastroenterology Clinic, performing more than 2,500 diagnostic and therapeutic procedures annually. It uses the latest endoscopy devices and cleaning/disinfection systems. The equipment includes:
- Fuji 600ZW magnification endoscope, which assists in identifying early cancerous lesions in the esophagus and stomach through optical magnification of the image by 150 x and the use of special BLI and LCI light filters.
- High-resolution Fuji 600WM colonoscope, which assists in detecting flat polyps not visible to the naked eye with the use of special BLI and LCI light filters.
- Endoscopes for children and infants used in special cases (difficult stenoses).
The following endoscopic procedures are performed at the Endoscopy Department of the Gastroenterology Clinic:
- Upper digestive tract endoscopy with biopsy collection (Gastroscopy)
- Lower digestive tract endoscopy with biopsy collection (Colonoscopy)
- Small or large bowel capsule endoscopy
- Endoscopic variceal ligation
- Removal of small and large polyps (Endoscopic polypectomy)
- Removal of flat polyps using specialized techniques (Endoscopic mucosectomy)
- Chromoendoscopy in ulcerative colitis / detection of flat polyps
- Endoscopic submucosal dissection
- Endoscopic treatment of obesity surgery complications
- Endoscopic placement of gastric balloons for obesity treatment
- Electronic magnification chromoendoscopy (ΝΒΙ / BLI / LCI)
- Balloon dilation of the esophagus, stomach and large bowel with air distended balloons
- Treatment of stenosis with stent placement
- Endoscopic gastrostomy placement (PEG)
- Removal of foreign objects
- Treatment of Barrett’s esophagus using the HALO 90 and 360 system and the Hybrid-APC method
- Gastroenteric anastomosis dilation repair following gastric bypass
- RF ablation of vascular ectasias of the stomach and large bowel using argon plasma coagulation (APC)
- Therapeutic cauterization of condylomas due to anorectal HPV infection
- Endoscopic treatment of hemorrhoids with the ΗeLP/BIOLITEC system
- Endoscopic placement of percutaneous gastrostomies (PEG)
- Breath test for Helicobacter pylori detection