Αdmission and discharge procedure
For your admission, please bring with you:
- Personal items and clothes you will need during your stay at the Maternity Hospital (nightgown, bathrobe, etc.)
- Clothes you will need for your baby upon discharge
- Infant car seat for safe transportation
- Copy of marriage certificate (of the last 6 months)
- Valid ID or passport
- Your social insurance booklet
- Your husband’s social insurance booklet (if the baby is to be registered in the father’s insurance fund)
- Insurance policy or any other proof of private health insurance
Scheduled or emergency admissions take place through Maternity Admissions on Level Ο. The Patient Admissions staff will handle the admission procedure and will ask you for:
- Your personal details to issue your admission form, which has to be signed by you.
- The room type you prefer.
Upon admission, you will be given the Hygeia Card with your name and personal code number on it.
As soon as your discharge has been finalized by your attending physician, you will be contacted by a Patient Accounts officer to settle your bill.
For EOPYY (national insurer) to cover your baby’s hospitalization fees, upon discharge you must submit the following to Patient Accounts:
- Newborn health booklet (of the parent to whom the baby is registered) or a registration application with reference number issued by the social insurance fund, along with the parent’s social insurance booklet.
- Newborn social security number (AMKA).
The bill is finalized and any outstanding balance is paid on the discharge day. The Patient Accounts Department is open 8:00 am – 7:00 pm on weekdays and 8:00 am – 4:00 pm on Saturdays and Sundays.
We accept payment by all major credit cards, cash or check, as well as by deposit to the MITERA bank account. A bank branch with an ATM (connected to interbank networks) is conveniently located on Level 1.
Discharge must take place by 14:00 pm.
Upon leaving MITERA, don’t forget to take with you:
- Your child’s health booklet
- Your invoice
- The Maternity Hospital’s certificate confirming your baby’s birth
- Your discharge form
- Your personal items
You may receive a copy of your medical file 3 working days after filing a request with the Medical Records Department (Level A).
Please contact the Medical Records Department for more information.
Medical Records: +31 210 686 9189 (8:00 am – 2:30 pm, Monday to Friday)