Centers of Excellence
Mitera Hospital offers a fully equipped cardiac ultrasound laboratory with cutting edge machines. There are two dedicated Consultants to the service who provide specialist knowledge and skills in a wide range of advanced echocardiographic techniques.
The following procedures are available in our laboratory:
- Transthoracic echocardiography utilizing 2D, multiplane and 3D imaging to give comprehensive assessments on all aspects of cardiac disease processes (e.g ischemic and valvular pathologies, pre and post cardiothoracic surgery, cardiotoxicity monitoring during chemotherapy, aortic aneurysms, etc.).
- Contrast Enhanced Dobutamine Stress Echo.
- 2D and 3D transoesophageal echocardiography.
- Stress Echocardiography on a supine bicycle.
- Bubble studies.
- Contrast enhanced echocardiography.
- Cardiac Dyssynchrony studies with the use of tissue Doppler and 3D imaging.