Education & Academic Qualifications
- Graduate of the medical school of Aristotle University of Thessaloniki.
- MSc in Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation at the National and Kapodistrial University of Athens with distinction.
- He obtained his specialty in Cardiology in 2010 and since then has focused on advanced echocardiographic techniques.
- Certified to perform ultrasounds.
- Fellowship in advanced echocardiography at the ecucational center of cardiological ultrasound at Tzaneio Hospital and holds current accreditation from the European Association of Cardiovascular Imaging (EACVI) for performing both transthoracic and transoesophageal echocardiograms.
- Certificate of attendance 3D Echo Course (Prof. Badano).
- He holds Level II certification from the Society of Cardiovascular Computed Tomography, and has experience in cardiac magnetic resonance imaging.
- Certificate of successfully passing Cardiovascular Magnetic Resonance (CMR) examination (EACVI, ESC).
- Postgraduate fellow in Acute Prehospital Medicine at the National Centre of Acute Medicine (EKAV).
- Certified from the European Resuscitation Council (ERC) and is currently an instructor in basic and advanced life support for adults.
- European Pediatric Life Support (EPLS) provider (ERC).
Reviewer Clinical Radiology (5 year impact factor 1.860)
GMC specialist registry
Hellenic Cardiological Society
European Cardiovascular Imaging Association d (EΑCVI)
Working Group Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation
Working Group Echocardiorgaphy
Hellenic Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation
European Resuscitation Council (ERC)
Approbation als Arzt (Medical Association in Hannover-Germany)
Clinical fellow (special registry GMC) at Guy`s and St. Thomas` Hospital in London. He is highly skilled in 2D and 3D transthoracic imaging, Dobutamine and exercise stress echo, contrast enhanced echo and 2D and 3D transeosphageal imaging (2 years).
Consultant Cardiologist (permanent post) at Livadeia Hospital (3 years).
Senior cardiac registrar at Celle Hospital (University Hospital of Hanover-6 months).
Director in Basic Life Support and Automated External Defibrillator (BLS/AED).
Advanced Life Support (ALS) instructor and Basic Life Support and Automated Defibrillator (BLS/AED) instructor.
Provider in European Pediatric Advanced Life Support (EPLS).
He has taught acute medicine at the Organization of Vocational Education (I.E.K) of the National Centre of Acute Medicine (EKAV) and pharmacology to postgraduate students at the National and Kapodistrian University of Athens (4 years).
Participation as investigator REVIVED study, parachute trial, RELY study.
Clinical Lead and Head of the Cardiac Ultrasound Department at Mitera General Hospital since January 2016.
Clinical & Research Interest
Coronary artery disease
1st prize in the written knowledge assessment that was held during the “3rd Clinical Meeting of the Greek Society for the Study of Risk Factors in Vascular Diseases” in Karpenisi, Greece (postgraduate award by the Greek Society for the Study of Risk factors in Vascular Diseases in February 2012)
1st prize for the best oral presentation during the Congress “Evolutions in Cardiology” in Athens, Greece (postgraduate award by Prof. Petros Nihoyannopoulos, Professor of Cardiology at the Imperial College of London, in January 2011)
Succeeded in the exams of Greek State National Scholarships Foundation (runner up),
Award for outstanding performance in mathematics competition held by the Greek Mathematical Society of Greece
The Olympic Rings of Duchenne’s Muscular Dystrophy – Cardiac Computed Tomography wins Gold Portuguese journal of cardiology: an official journal of the Portuguese Society of Cardiology, (Argyris Krommydas, Ronak Rajani, Nicholas Hart, Stam Kapetanakis), 2015
Published book, chapter 10, «Drugs in Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation». Editor: Theodoros Xanthos (copyright © 2011 by Nova Science Publishers, Inc, New York). The title of my project was: «Adenosine: Advanced Pharmacology, Basic Research and Clinical Aspects»
Dabigatran versus Warfarin in Patients with Atrial Fibrillation
The New England Journal of Medicine, (S. Connolly, M. Ezekowitz, D. Phil, S. Ysuf, J. Eikelboom, J. Oldgren, A. Parekh, J. Pogue, P. Reilly, E. Themeles, J. Varrone, S. Wang, M. Alings, D. Xavier, J. Zhu, R. Diaz, B. Lewis, H. Darius, H. Diener, C. Joyner, L. Wallentin, and the RE-LY Steering Committee and Investigators*- Krommydas A.), 2009
Ciprofloxacin Induced Acquired Long QT Syndrome in A Patient under Class III Antiarrhythmic Therapy. A Case Report
Cardiology Journal, (Anastasia Keivanidou MD¹, Christos Arnaoutoglou PhD², Argiris Krommydas MD¹, Georgios Papanikolaou MD¹, Konstantinos Tsiptsis MD¹, Charalampos Chrisopoulos MD¹, Christos Kirpizidis MD¹)
¹Department of Cardiology, 2nd IKA “Panagia” Hospital, ²Department of Physiology, Medical School, Aristotle University of Thessaloniki, 2009
Rupture of an apical aneurysm of the left ventricle. A case report
Evolutions in Cardiology-Syllabus (A. Krommydas, N. Tsekes, I. Fytoklis, S.Makrygiannis, K. Ritsatos, M.Prodromiti), Athens,2011
EBV-DNA in the peripheral blood and HLA class II typing in Greek patients with nasopharyngeal carcinoma Annals of Oncology, ( Karanikiotis C¹, Kariotis N², Bakoyiannis C³, Georgakopoulos E4, Krommidas A¹, Daniilidis M², Kosmidis P³, Fountzilas G5 ) ¹424 Army General Hospital,Thessaloniki, ²AHEPA University Hospital,Thessaloniki, ³HYGEIA Hospital Athens, 4Acron Genomics SA, 5Athens Medical Oncology Clinic, Aristotle University of Thessaloniki, Vienna, 2004