Centers of Excellence
Ultrasound scans have a significant role in medical emergencies in obstetrics and gynecology.
The ultrasound department can deal with all obstetric and gynecologic emergencies 24/7, even on weekends and holidays.
Early pregnancy ultrasound
At the beginning of each pregnancy, it is important to determine whether the pregnancy is intra-uterine or extra-uterine. At the same time the number of embryos and their viability may be determined. Early scans can also date the pregnancy acuurately.
Serial ultrasound scans during pregnancy, may estimate the embryo’s growth rate, the position and maturity of the placenta, the quantity of amniotic fluid ,as well as the cervical length if necessary.
For decades it has been the method of choice for assessing the internal genitalia.
Abdominal / Vaginal Ultrasound
They are used to examine the female genitalia (womb/uterus, ovaries, fallopian tubes, etc), to rule out pathologic conditions and to schedule the most suitable treatment if deemed necessary.
- Color Doppler ultrasound helps to assess vascularity in case pathology is suspected.
- 3D ultrasound is used to examine the anatomy of the internal genitalia upon suspicion of pathologic conditions.
- Hydro-sono-hysterography is utilized to examine the endometrial cavity.
- Follicle tracking may be used along with assisted reproduction techniques.
- Monitoring of benign lesions, e.g. fibroids, ovarian cysts etc.
- The department is staffed with obstetricians/gynecologists with vast experience in gynecologic and obstetric ultrasound. Experienced nursing staff is also there to help as well.
Our department is equipped with the latest ultrasound equipment.
The examination is stored in the department’s archive for easy access and to be compared with future scans if necessary.