Education & Academic Qualifications
- 2002 ATLS
- 2007 PhD on metastatic breast cancer in the National and Kapodistrian University of Athens
- 2009 IBUS
- 2009 Honorary Senior Lecturer in Surgery, UCL, London, UK
- 2009 Certificate in Sentinel Lymph Node Biopsy Technique, Royal College of Surgeons, UK
- 2011 Lecturer in the 4th Dept of Surgery, University of Athens, Attikon Hospital
- 2010-2011 Organizer of the Sentinel Lymph Node Biopsy Course in Athens in collaboration with Royal Free Hospital of London
- 2011 Head of educational programme in Veronezi Foundation, Milan Italy
- 2011 Merzagora Prize in the European Institute of Oncology
- 2013 European Board of Surgery (breast surgery)
- 1986-1994 American College of Greece
- 1994-2000 Medical School, National and Kapodistrian University of Athens
- 2000-2002 General Doctor
- 2002-2004 Resident in General Surgery in the Air Force Hospital , Athens
- 2003 Visiting Resident in General Surgery, Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minnesota
- 2004-2008 Resident in General Surgery in the 1st Department of Surgery, National and Kapodistrian University of Athens
- 2008 Certificate in General Surgery in Greece
- 2008 Clinical Fellow in Breast Unit, St. Mary’s Hospital, London, UK
- 2009 Certificate in General Surgery in the UK,(Specialist Register, GMC)
- 2009-2010 Clinical Fellow in Breast Unit, Royal Free Hospital, London , UK
- 2011-2012 Clinical Fellow at the European Institute of Oncology, Milan, Italy
- 2011 Certificate in General Surgery in Italy
– “The role of chemokines in metastatic breast cancer”, National and Kapodistrian University of Athens 2007
Fellowship in Societies, Membership in Journal Editorial Committees
– EUROPA DONNA
– 2015-2016 Director in Breast Surgery, Athens Euroclinic
– 2010-today Breast Surgeon in the Breast Unit of LETO Hospital
– 2012-today Breast Surgeon at HYGEIA Hospital
– 2010-2011 Organizer of the Sentinel Lymph Node Biopsy Course in Athens in collaboration with Royal Free Hospital of London
– 2011 Head of educational programme in Veronezi Foundation, Milan Italy
Clinical & Research Interest
– ROLL technique for localization of non palpable lesions
– Nipple sparing Mastectomy
– Breast Surgery
Honors & Awards
– 2011 Merzagora Prize in the European Institute of Oncology
– Grand challenges in surgical oncology. Front Oncol. 2012;2:127.
– Breast cancer: from «maximum tolerable» to «minimum effective» treatment. Front Oncol. 2012
– Conservative mastectomy: extending the idea of breast conservation. Lancet Oncol. 2012 Jul;13(7):e311-7.
– Stenting of a gastroduodenal artery aneurysm: report of a case. Surg Today. 2012 Jan;42(1):72-4.
– Laparoscopic gastric greater curvature plication: results and complications in a series of 135 patients. Obes Surg. 2011 Nov;21(11):1657-63.
– Effect of collagen powder on lymphorrhea after modified radical mastectomy. A randomized controlled trial. Eur J Gynaecol Oncol.2011;32(2):185-7.
– A rare combination of an endocrine tumour of the common bile duct and a follicular lymphoma of the ampulla of Vater: a case report and review of the literature. World J Surg Oncol. 2011 Jan 14;9:4.
– A novel technique for surgical reconstruction of the perineal floor following anteroposterior exenteration of the pelvis–case report and review of the literature. Eur J Gynaecol Oncol. 2010;31(2):201-5.
– Surgical challenges in the treatment of leiomyosarcoma of the inferior vena cava: analysis of two cases and brief review of the literature. Ann Vasc Surg. 2010 Aug;24(6):826.e13-7.
– Recurrent pulmonary embolism due to giant hepatic hemangioma treated with hepatectomy under vascular exclusion. Ann Vasc Surg. 2010 Aug;24(6):827.e1-3.