Centers of Excellence
Women’s Health and Sports Medicine Center
A dedicated sports medicine center exclusively for women
A dedicated sports medicine center exclusively for women, the first one in Greece, has been established at MITERA Hospital. It caters for anyone who wishes to exercise safely and stay healthy and in shape, from professional athletes to new mothers. It is staffed with a team of distinguished scientists with long experience in women’s injuries and medical conditions.
To prevent injuries, treat and fully rehabilitate women, and promote health, safe exercise and general wellbeing.
Who is it for
Top female athletes. It is a known fact that many injuries and conditions – such as anterior cruciate ligament tear, fatigue fractures and chondromalacia patellae – are more common among women.
- Everyday women who run, ski, play tennis, swim or exercise in gyms.
- Working women with conditions such as neck pain, back pain, arthritis and tendonitis.
- Expectant mothers during pregnancy for safe workouts, and new mothers who wish to lose weight and get back in shape.
- Orthopedic / Sports medicine evaluation
- Prevention of sports injuries. Prevention of anterior cruciate ligament tear.
- Conservative and surgical treatment of medical conditions and injuries. Advanced arthroscopic and minimally invasive surgical techniques that respect the anatomical features of women.
- Treatment of female athlete triad (amenorrhea, osteoporosis, eating disorders).
- Treatment of sports-related conditions (asthma, anemia, menstrual disorders).
- Sports and pregnancy.
- Prevention and treatment of running injuries.
- Gynecological exam
- Endocrine testing
- Blood check-up
- Osteoporosis check-up
- Heart exam
- Sports psychology
- Sports nutrition/diet
- Physiotherapy during pregnancy and after labor
- Workouts for women (pilates, yoga, strength training)
- Ambulatory gait analysis / Customized orthotic insoles
- Sports rehabilitation
- Plastic surgeon / Breast specialist