Triantafyllis Dimitrios Cardiologist
Education & Academic Qualifications
- 1985-91: University of Ioannina School of Medicine. At 15/11/91 was awarded the “Medical Degree”.
- 25/04/95-13/05/97: Residency in Internal Medicine, 1st Dept of Pathology, Metaxa General Hospital. During this time, I have taken an active role on cancer research and published some of the work in international journals too.
- 25/07/97-29/07/01: Fellowship in Cardiology, Athens General Hospital (a very busy Institution). Attended all sections of the Dept. (Clinic, ICU, CCU, Echocardiography, ECG Stress Test, Nuclear Cardiology, Holter, Pacemaker Service,Cardiac Cathetirization Laboratory. During my Fellowship had an active role in the educational activities of the
- CCST (Certificate of Specialty) in Cardiology was awarded at 20/11/01 from University of Athens Medical School after the appropriate examinations.
- 26/06/2004-20/04/2005 Scientific Associate at the Cathetirization Laboratory, University of Athens Medical School, Hippokration Hospital.
- 7/11/2005-8/5/2006 Echocardiography Dept. that led to the Title of the Subspecialty on Newer Echocardiographic Techniques (stress echo, contrast echo, tissue Doppler, transesophageal echocardiography) after written and oral examinations, University of Athens Medical School, Hippokration Hospital.
- Certified (2730/1.12.2013 valid through 1.12.2017) in ADVANCED CARDIAC LIFE SUPPORT, e ACLS, American College of Emergency Physicians.
- Certificate on 4D ECHO & Multidimensional Imaging, 4D TTE and 4D TEE in Clinical Practice, Berlin April, 2015.
Member of the Hellenic Cardiological Society since 28/12/2001.
Member of the European Society of Cardiology since 2002.
Member of the European Association for Cardiovascular Prevention & Rehabilitation (former Working Group on Cardiac Rehabilitation & Exercise Physiology) since 24/10/2003.
Member of the Working Group on Echocardiography of the Hellenic Cardiological Society since October 2003.
Member of the Heart Failure Association of the European Society of Cardiology since 2010.
Member of the Hellenic Society of Emergency Home Care since 2005.
17/03/92-17/06/93 served the Greek Army as a doctor (16/10/95 was awarded the degree of reservist Second Lieutenant of the Medical Divi-sion).
12/09/93-13/10/94 doctor in government service (Lafka, Korinthia).
25/04/95-13/05/97: Residency in Internal Medicine.
25/07/97-29/07/01: Fellowship in Cardiology.
01/2002-01/2003: Intensive Care Unit of Athens Medical
Center-private sector. A 10 day per month rota. Earned experience with patients in need to be monitored and treated in an ICU environment-basic and advanced skills. Most of the cases involved cardiac surgery.
03/2002-06/2002 EUROMEDICA (outpatients and echocardiography).
2005-2008 Medifirst Interamerican (outpatients and echocardiography).
2006-2010 Social Security Institute / Division of Chalandri, Athens (outpatients and echocardiography).
2003-2013 Cardiology Dept. of Athens Euroclinic responsible for my private inpatients and also performing the transesophageal and stress echos in the Echo Lab. From February until October 2003 was responsible for the stress tests in the Nuclear Cardiology Dept.
Clinical and Research Interest
Acute Coronary Syndromes (ACS)
Cardiovascular Rehabilitation and Secondary Prevention-Long Term Management
Chronic Ischemic Heart Disease (IHD)
Non-invasive imaging – Echocardiography
Pregnancy and Heart Disease
Rehabilitation and Exercise Physiology
Sudden Cardiac Death and Resuscitation
Valvular Heart Diseases
Principal Investigator for our site for the Registry of Pregnancy and Cardiac Disease (ROPAC) that is part of the EURObservational Programme of the European Society of Cardiology.
- An out patient phase II study of subcutaneous Interleukin-2 and Interferon-alpha-2b in combination with intravenous Vinblastine in metastatic renal cell cancer.Pectasides D., Varthalitis J., Kostopoulou M., Milonakis, D.Triantafyllis,
Papadopoulou, Dimitriadis, Athanasiou 1st Department of Medical Oncology, Metaxas Memorial Cancer Hospital,
Piraeus. FORUM OF CLINICAL ONCOLOGY
- Electrocardiographic image of acute anterior myocardial infarction after proximal occlusion of the right coronary artery.
D. Triantafyllis, A. Vrachatis, A. Zaxaroulis. Cardiology Dept., Athens General Hospital, Athens, Greece. HELLENIC JOURNAL OF CARDIOLOGY, March-April 2005
- Organized Atrial Fibrillation Simulating Atrial Flutter. E. Giazitzoglou, D. Triantafyllis, D. Katritsis 1st Cardiology Department, Athens Euroclinic. HELLENIC JOURNAL OF CARDIOLOGY 47: 63-66, 2006
- CEA, CA 19-9, and CA-50 in monitoring gastric carcinoma. Milonakis, Pectasides D, Varthalitis J, Dimitriadis, D.Triantafyllis, Karatzaferi, Papadopoulou, Vlahopoulos, Athanasiou. 1st Department of Medical Oncology, Metaxas Memorial Cancer Hospital, Piraeus. AMERICAN JOURNAL OF CLINICAL ONCOLOGY (CCT) 20 (4):348-353 1997
- Chemotherapy with methotrexate, carboplatin, mitoxantrone (Novantrone) and vincristine (Oncovin) in transitional-cell urothelial cancer. Pectasides D., Mylonakis A., Antoniou F., Kostopoulou M., Triantafyllis D., Papadopoulou M., Varthalitis J., Dimitriadis M., Athanasiou A.1st Department of Medical Oncology, Metaxa’s Memorial Cancer Hospital, Piraeus, Greece. Oncology 1998 Mar-Apr;55(2):139-44.
- An out patient phase II study of subcutaneous Interleukin-2 and Interferon-alpha-2b in combination with intravenous Vinblastine in metastatic renal cell cancer. Pectasides D, Varthalitis J, Kostopoulou M, Milonakis , D.Triantafyllis,
Papadopoulou, Dimitriadis, Athanasiou.1st Department of Medical Oncology, Metaxas Memorial Cancer Hospital,
Piraeus. ONCOLOGY 1998 (55:10-15)
- Superiority of monotherapy Carboplatin ( C ) over C-based polychemotherapy in ovarian cancer.Athanasiou, Varthalitis, Pektasidis, Vlahopoulos, Dimitriadis, Tsavaris, Triantafyllis D., Karatzaferi.1st Dept. of Medical Oncology ,Metaxa Cancer Hospital. Journal of B.U.O.N.
- Combined Carbopatin ( C ), plus Ifosfamide ( I ) and Cisplatin ( P ) in Non Small Cell Lung Cancer: a phase II study. Vlahopoulos, Athanasiou, Varthalitis, Dimitriadis, Papadopoulou, Triantafyllis D., Konstantinidis, Pektasidis, Karatzaferi
1st Dept. of Med. Oncology, Metaxa Cancer Hospital. Journal of B.U.O.Ν.
- Evaluation of global left ventricular function using myocardial perfor-mance index in patients with hypertrophic obstructive cardiomyopathy. FK Panou, J. Lakoumentas, D.Triantafyllis, K. Travlos, G. Dounis, E. Matsakas, A. Karavidas, L. Stergiou, S. Saridakis, A. Zacharoulis. Cardiology Dept., Athens General Hospital, Athens, Greece. European Journal of Echocardiography (December 2000 Volume I Supplement 2)
- TEI-Pulsed tissue Doppler imaging index in the detection of viability in akinetic left ventricular segments. Karabinos I., Papadopoulos A., Kranidis A., Koulouris S., Triantafillis D., Karvouni E., Katrisis D. Euroclinic Hospital, Cardiology Dept., Athens, Greece; Evangelismos Hospital, 1st Cardiology Dept., Athens, Greece. European Journal of Echocardiography, December 2003 (Vol. 4, Issue Supplement), Page S82)
Scholarship from the University of Ioannina School of Medicine.