Skourtis Georgios Vascular Surgeon
Education & Academic Qualifications
- 2010: Master of Sciences in Endovascular Techniques, University of Athens, Greece, in cooperation with the Dept. of Surgical Sciences, University of Milano – Bicocca, Italy
- 6/2005-6/2006, 8/2006-8/2007, 12/2007-12/2008, 2/2009-2/2010 : Vascular Surgery Consultant, Vascular Surgery Dpt, KAT General Hospital, Athens, Greece
- 2000-2004: Vascular Surgery Residency, Vascular Surgical Department, KAT General Hospital, Athens, Greece
- 1997-2000: General Surgery Residency: 4st Surgery Department Evangellismos General Hospital Athens, Greece
- 1994-1995: Rural Doctor, Trikala, Greece
- 1995-1997: Military Service as Military Doctor
- 1987-1993: Medical School of the University of Patras, Patra, Greece
Fellowship in Societies, Membership in Journal Editorial Committees
European Society for Vascular Surgery
2010-Present: Private Vascular Surgeon
2010-Present: Associated Physician of the Vascular Surgery Department, Hygeia Hospital, Athens, Greece
2005-2010: Vascular Surgery Consultant, Vascular Surgery Dpt KAT General Hospital, Athens, Greece
2000-2004: Vascular Surgery Residency, General Hospital of Attica “KAT”, Athens, Greece
Clinical & Research Interest
International multicentre double blind trial THRIVE-III: FII Inhibitor H 376/95 (ximelegatran) for long term prophylaxis in patients with venous thromboembolism after six months of anticoagulant treatment.
Arterial compromise caused by lower limb osteochondroma. Vasc Endovasc Surg 37 (3):185-190 2003.
Anastomotic pseudoaneurysms:our experience with 49 cases, Ann Vasc Surg 2006 Sep; 20(5):582-9, Epub 2006 Oct 24.
Klippel-Trenaunay syndrome: an unusual cause of pulmonary embolism. Int Angiology, 25(3):322-326, 2006.
Endovascular treatment of a primary aortoenteric fistula: 2-year follow-up of a case report. Vasc Endovasc Surg 2007 Jun-Jul; 41(3):265-270.
Primary aortoenteric fistula due to septic aortitis. Ann Vasc Surg, 24(6):825 e7-11, 2010.