Kyriakou Grigoris General Surgeon
Education & Academic Qualifications
- 1977 Neo Irakleion High School
- 1984 Medical School of Iasi Medical Institute, grade (10)
- 1984 Iasi Medical Institute. Thesis: «Hormonal receptors in Ca Breast, quantitative method»
- 1985-1988 Military service /specialty in General Surgery at 401 General Military Hospital.
- 1988-1990 Specialty in General Surgery at «Agios Savvas» Hospital Athens
- 1989 National and Kapodistrian University of Athens, Faculty of Health Sciences – Medicine School. PHD Thesis «Nutrition and Breast Cancer».
- 1992 Researcher at St. Luke’s/Roosevelt, Hospital Center, New York, USA
- 1992-1993 Rural medical Service, Community Health Center at Skopelos Lesvos
- 1993 Scholarship from the Commission of the European Communities –Directorate General for Science Research and Development D XII-G, for training in Glasgow in colorectal cancer
- 1994-1996 Training on specialty General Surgery at 1st ΙΚΑ Hospital and KAT
- 1996 Granted licensed specialty General Surgery
1989 National and Kapodistrian University of Athens, Faculty of Health Sciences – Medicine School. PHD Thesis «Nutrition and Breast Cancer».
Fellowship in Societies, Membership in Journal Editorial Committees
«Greek Oncology Society», member U.I.C.C. και της E.C.L.
«Greek Cancer society»
«Greek Surgical Society»
«ESSO» –European Society of Surgical Oncology
«European Society of Mastology»
«ESO» -European School of Oncology, Alumni club
International Association for Breast Cancer Research
Greek Society for Trauma and Emergency Surgery (Prof: G. Androulakis)
International Scientific Advisory Committee for the official journal:” European Citizen’s Quality of Life»
The New York Academy of Sciences
American Association for the Advancement of Science
People to People AMBASSADOR Programs –founded 1956 by President Dwight D. Eisenhower
AMPA -Air Medical Physician Association
AsMA -Aerospace Medical Association
«Medicine San Frontieres» Greek and French Division –Peace Nobel price 1999
Greek PASTEUR Institute
Greek Surgeons Professional Association
Member of Scientific Mastology Company EMEIS for prevention of Breast Cancer
1990-1991 Iatriko – Medical Centre of Athens
1992 Researcher in St. Luke’s/Roosevelt, Hospital Center, New York, USA
1992 «Medicine San Frontieres» Surgeon in Medical mission in Mogadishou Somalia
1992-1993 Rural medical Service, Community Health Center at Skopelos Lesvos
1994-1996 General Surgery at 1st ΙΚΑ Hospital and KAT Hospital
2003 Private Medical Cabinet. Hygeia Group
Clinical & Research Interest
Multiple entries in medical conferences Greek and international media, with personal speeches and lectures in several of them.
1986: population research organization for breast cancer in the islands of Lemnos and Agios Efstratios, with the approval of the County of Lemnos Island, under the supervision of Professor in Surgery I. Gara
1994 Sep; 70(3):537-41. Br J Cancer. “The association of fat and other macronutrients with breast cancer: a case-control study from Greece.” Katsouyanni K, Trichopoulou A, Stuver S, Garas Y, Kyriakou Gr., Boyle P, Trichopoulos D. -Department of Hygiene and Epidemiology, University of Athens Medical School, Greece.
Author in “Air Medical Physician Handbook”, of AMPA –Air Medical Physician Association, publication: ‘Air Medical Transport in Greece’
Publication in the electronic magazine “Woman today” scientific informative article entitled ” Breast Self-examination step by step”