Centers of Excellence
Laparoscopy – Minimally Invasive Surgery
The gynecological surgical procedures that can be performed laparoscopically are
- Sterilization, assessment of fallopian tube patency, total or partial salpingectomy due to ectopic pregnancy, removal of hydrosalpinx or other fallopian tube disorder.
- Plastic reconstruction of fallopian tubes for treatment of infertility due to tubal obstruction.
- Oophorectomy/ovarian cystectomy, myomectomy, hysterectomy with or without oophorectomy and salpingectomy, hysterectomy without removal of the cervix (subtotal hysterectomy) or with removal of the cervix (total hysterectomy), with or without oophorectomy and salpingectomy.
- Surgical treatment of endometriosis, removal of endometrial cysts, removal of endometrial tissue or ablation of endometrial lesions, lysis of adhesions.
- Surgical treatment of early-stage uterine and cervical cancer.
- Diagnostic hysteroscopy, hysteroscopy (lysis of endometrial adhesions, removal of endometrial polyps and fibromyomas, lysis of diaphragm in bicornuate uterus).
- Colposuspension of pelvic floor prolapse and urogynecological procedures.