Information for patients
For your child’s admission, please bring with you:
- Pajamas or comfortable clothes for your child, slippers and your child’s favorite items
- Baby formula and diapers (the Hospital may provide baby formula and diapers at an additional charge)
- Personal items for the accompanying persons
- Valid ID or passport (at least for one of the two parents/guardians)
- Your social insurance booklet
- Your child’s insurance policy or any other proof of private health insurance
Before you are admitted, contact your insurance agent to find out exactly what your child’s insurance policy covers. Bring your policy number with you.
To find out which insurance companies MITERA is affiliated with, please contact Patient Accounts (T: +30 210 686 9117) Monday to Friday 8:00 am – 2:00 pm.
Upon admission, you will be given the Hygeia Card with your name and personal code number on it.
Discharge Procedure & Payment Methods
As soon as your discharge has been finalized by your attending physician, you will be contacted by a Patient Accounts officer to settle your bill. The bill is finalized and any outstanding balance is paid on the discharge day.
The Patient Accounts Department is open 8:00 am – 7:00 pm on weekdays and 8:00 am – 4:00 pm on Saturdays and Sundays.
We accept payment by all major credit cards, cash or check, as well as by deposit to the MITERA bank account. A bank branch with an ATM (connected to interbank networks) is conveniently located on Level 1.
Discharge must take place by 2 pm.
Upon leaving MITERA Children’s Hospital, don’t forget to take with you:
- Your child’s health booklet
- Your invoice
- Your child’s discharge papers
- Your personal items
After filing a request with the Medical Records Department (Level A), you may receive a copy of your child’s medical record within 3 working days.
Please contact the Medical Records Department for more information.
Medical Records: +31 210 686 9189 (8:00 am – 2:30 pm, Monday to Friday)