Georgios Dryllis HematologistConsultant Hematologist
Education & Academic Qualifications
- 26/02 / 2019- 02/08/2020: Sc thesis in the postgraduate interdepartmental program: “Oncology: From oncogenesis to treatment” (University of Crete – National Research Foundation)
- 2013-2018: PhD thesis: Doctor of Medicine of the University of Athens on the topic: Gene polymorphisms and pregnancy outcome
- 2005-2010: Bachelor Graduate studies in the Department of Medicine of the Democritus University of Thrace. Graduate of Medicine.
- 2007: Successful scholarship from the Democritus Research Center for PhD thesis, which I did not complete.
- 2005-2007: M. Sc thesis in the postgraduate program “Applications in Basic Medical Science”, Medical School of the University of Patras, Greece.
- 2005-2007: I received a scholarship from the National Scholarship Foundation for my studies in the Postgraduate Program “Applications in Basic Medical Science”, Medical School of the University of Patras (MSc Thesis).
- 2000-2004: Bachelor Graduate studies at the School of Molecular Biology and Genetics, Democritus University of Thrace, Greece
2013-2018: PhD thesis: Doctor of Medicine of the University of Athens on the topic: Gene polymorphisms and pregnancy outcome
Full Member of the Hellenic Society of Hematology, member of the Scientific Society of Medical Students of Greece and member of the Hellenic Society of Molecular Biology
MEDICAL REVIEWER IN INTERNATIONAL MEDICAL JOURNALS
I am a reviewer of medical publications in Spandidos Publications in Pubmed.
I am a reviewer of medical publications in Spandidos Publications in Pubmed.
01/11/ 2021- Today: Consultant Hematologist at ‘MHTERA’ Private Hospital
06/09 / 2021-Today: Hematologist-Associate of Aretaio Public Hospital in the Blood Donation Department of the Hospital
01/09 / 2021-Today: Specialist Hematologist-External Associate at the First Internal Medicine Clinic of the General University Hospital ‘Laiko’ (at protocols)
19/10 / 2018-31 / 08/2021: Specialist Hematologist-Academic Scholar at the 1st Internal Medicine Clinic of the General University Hospital ‘Laiko’ with Hematology courses for Hematology specialists – Carrying out courses Internal Medicine-Nosology to undergraduate students of the Medical School of Athens
01/05/2019-Today: Scientific associate of the postgraduate program: Thrombosis-Hemorrhage-Medicine of transfusions with hematology lectures to postgraduate students- from 2019 until today (whenever lectures are needed)
09/10/2020- Today: Associate rapporteur of the National Medicine Agency (EOF) from 2021 (whenever meetings occur)
13/06/2019- Today: Medical Doctor-Associate: as the responsible doctor of the Elderly Care Unit ‘Kosmas Aetolos’ -Perissos Attica and Agia Paraskevi Attica (whenever medical consulting is needed during the week-after 20:00 every day and at weekends)
09/2014-to 18/10/2018: Resident in Hematology at the Clinic of Pathological Physiology (and at the Hematology Clinic) at General University Hospital Laiko
19/03 / 2014- 01/09/2014: Resident in Hematology at the Hematology Department of Tzaneio Public Hospital in Piraeus
16/07 / 2012- 15/01/2014: Resident in Internal Medicine at the Internal Medicine Clinic of the General Public Hospital of Syros.
16/01 / 2014- 13/03/2014: In extended duty as resident in Internal Medicine at the General Public Hospital of Syros
27/06 / 2011- 27/06/2012: I worked as General Practicioner at Efyra – Simopoulo (during that time I worked also at Amaliada Public Hospital).
01/02 / 2011- 24/06/2011: I worked at the Medical Supplies Company-Vamvas Medicals as a medical doctor in the field of intraoperative neuromonitoring.
2018-2021: Carrying out courses Internal Medicine-Nosology to undergraduate students of the Medical School of Athens
Postgraduate Research Fellow: Thrombosis-Bleeding-Transfusion Medicine with Hematology lectures to postgraduate students- from 2019 until today
2017: Adult Educator Training Certificate
2007-2008: Military service in the Air Force
Participation in all medical courses of the Hellenic Hematology Society from January 2016
8 Certificates of continuing education from University of Athens- Total ECVET: 87.36
Clinical and Research Interest
Clinical Interest: I am working on Internal Medicine and Hematology Clinics since 2011
Research Interest: PARTICIPATION IN INTERNATIONAL RESEARCH PROTOCOLS
1) STUDY: NOVARTIS CETB115J2411 for REVOLADE at ITP
2) STUDY: GENESIS EKMYS- Greek Registration of MDS (Myelodysplastic Syndromes)
3) European CMML Registry
2020: Excellence in the Postgraduate Interdepartmental Program: “Oncology: From Oncogenesis to Treatment” (University of Crete – National Research Foundation)
2007: Successful scholarship of the Democritus Research Center for the preparation of a PhD thesis, which in the end I did not complete.
2005-2007: I received a scholarship from the State Scholarship Foundation for my studies in the Postgraduate Program “Applications in Basic Medical Science”, Medical School of the University of Patras (MSc Thesis).
2017: Co-author in the Greek translation of the Bethesda Handbook of Clinical Hematology
PUBLICATIONS IN INTERNATIONAL MEDICAL JOURNALS WITH REVIEWS: 37- 35 IN PUBMED
First name in 9 out of the 37- in the four as the first name and in the other four as the same contribution as the first author, 2 of the 37 as the referring author and as the same contribution as the first author, 1 of 37 as the last author and as same contribution as the first author, second name to 1 of 37, third name to 3 of 37).
Total research interest: 478.4, Citations: 817, 23 recommendations, 23,510 readings (from Research Gate)
1. Successful Pregnancy and Persistent Polyclonal B Cell Lymphocytosis (PPBL): A Case Study of a Rare Co-Existence
Georgios Dryllis, Theofanis Giannikos, Eliana A. Konstantinou, Ioannis Moustakas, Panagiotis Christopoulos, Theodoros Pittaras, Marianna Politou, Serena Valsami
Am J Case Rep In Press; DOI: 10.12659/AJCR.933746 The complete signature will be given at the time of publication. Available online: 2021-11-15, In Press, Corrected Proof
2. Non-coding RNAs (miRNAs and lncRNAs) and their roles in lymphogenesis in all types of lymphomas and lymphoid malignancies (Review).
Georgios Drillis, Maria Goulielmaki, Demetrios A Spandidos, Sofia Aggelaki, Vassilios Zoumpourlis.
Oncol Lett. 2021 May;21(5):393. doi: 10.3892/ol.2021.12654. Epub 2021 Mar 18.
3. JAK2V617F positive polycythemia vera with paroxysmal nocturnal hemoglobinuria and visceral thromboses: a case report and review of the literature.
Chatzidavid S, Giannakopoulou N, Diamantopoulos PT, Gavriilaki E, Katsiampoura P, Lakiotaki E, Sakellariou S, Viniou NA, Dryllis G.
Thromb J. 2021 Mar 10;19(1):16. doi: 10.1186/s12959-021-00269-8.
4. Genetic polymorphisms implicated in major pregnancy complications: a review.
Dryllis G, Liakou P, Politou M.
Folia Med (Plovdiv). 2020 Jun 30;62(2):230-237. doi: 10.3897/folmed.62.e47831.
5. Substitution of hemoglobin levels in pregnant women with iron supplement: A prospective randomized clinical study.
Daniilidis, G. Dryllis, G. Chorozoglou, M. Politou, R. Dampali, K. Dinas.
Clinical and Experimental Obstetrics & Gynecology 2020 Volume 47 Issue 4 pp. 579-583. DOI: 10.31083/j.ceog.2020.04.5310
6. Retrospective study on prevalence, specificity, sex and age distribution of alloimmunization in two general hospitals in Athens.
Politou M, Valsami S, Dryllis G, Christodoulaki M, Cheropoulou C, Pouliakis A, Baka M, Stamoulis K.
Turk J Haematol. 2020 Aug 28;37(3):154-166. doi: 10.4274/tjh.galenos.2020.2019.0459. Epub 2020 Apr 22
7. Emerging patterns of resistance in a cohort of Greek patients with recurrent UTIs: a pilot study.
Moustakas I, Dryllis G, Pouliakis A, Petrikos G, Daikos G, Pittaras T, Karasante P, Karampotsis K, Tsiodras S.
J Chemother. 2019 Nov-Dec;31(7-8):367-377. doi: 10.1080/1120009X.2019.1652013. Epub 2019 Aug 13.
8. A Unique Case of Primary Extranodal Marginal Zone Lymphoma of the Anal Canal.
Diamantopoulos P, Dryllis G, Tsourouflis G, Petevi K, Boutsikas G, Rondogianni P, Boutsis D, Korkolopoulou P, Konstantopoulos K, Angelopoulou MK, Meletis J, Kanellis G, Vassilakopoulos TP.
Acta Haematol. 2019;142(2):87-91. doi: 10.1159/000495601. Epub 2019 Jun 17.
9. Genital tract infection and associated factors affect the reproductive outcome in fertile females and females undergoing in vitro fertilization.
Dimitra Moragianni, George Dryllis, Panagiotis Andromidas, Rachil Kapeta-Korkouli, Evangelia Kouskouni, Ilias Pessach, Petros Papalexis, Antigoni Kodonaki, Nikolaos Athanasiou, Avraham Pouliakis and Stavroula Baka. Biomed Rep. 2019 Apr;10(4):231-237. doi: 10.3892/br.2019.1194. Epub 2019 Feb 15.
10. ’Correlation of single nucleotide polymorphisms in the promoter region of the ANXA5 (Annexin a5) gene with recurrent miscarriages in women of Greek origin”.
Dryllis G, Giannopoulos A, Zoi C, Pouliakis A, Logothetis E, Voulgarelis M, Zoi K, Kouskouni E, Dinou A, Stavropoulos-Giokas C, Kreatsas G, Konstantopoulos K, Politou M. J Matern Fetal Neonatal Med. 2020 May;33(9):1538-1543. doi: 10.1080/14767058.2018.1521799. Epub 2018 Oct 29.