Gatsiou Charikleia Internist
Education & Academic Qualifications
- 1986-1992, Medical School, University of Ioannina, Greece, Grade 8.45
- License to practice Medicine, Prefecture of Ioannina, 1993
- 1994-1996, Resident of internal medicine, 1st Internal Medicine Clinic, General Hospital of Corfu, Greece, Director E.Tsoukali
- 1996-1999, Resident of internal medicine, 5th Internal Medicine Clinic, General Hospital “Evangelismos”, Director Prof. G.Chalevelakis
- License to practice Internal Medicine, Prefecture of Athens, 2000
Post-grad, continuing education:
- 1996, Seminar on Methodology of Clinical Research
- 1997, Postgraduate courses on Diabetes Mellitus
- 1997, Seminar on specialization in “Ongological Units Doctors”
- 1999, Clinical education in ICU, “Evangelismos” Hospital, Director Prof. H.Roussos
(In progress) “ Presentation of cytokines after hormonal stimulation of human peripheral blood cells”. Prof. S.Raptis
Fellowship in Societies, Membership in Journal Editorial Committees
Member of Athens Medical Association
07/2011-present: Consultant of Hygeia Group.
03/2007-07/2011:Internist, Clinical Fellow (Grade A), 1st Internal Medicine Clinic, Henry Dunant Hospital, Director G.Chalevelakis
11/2000-02/2007: Internist, Clinical Fellow (Grade B),1st Internal Medicine Clinic, Henry Dunant Hospital, Director G.Chalevelakis
02/2000-11/2000: Internist on duty, 2nd Internal Medicine Clinic, Hygeia Hospital
05/2000-10/2000: Clinical Fellow, M.Falaggas, Hygeia Hospital
07/1993-08/1994: Obligatory rural practice, Vigla surgery, Arta General Hospital
1993-1994: Diseases and Treatment, Technical Schools, Arta, Greece
2006: Training nurses of organization “Doctors without borders”
Clinical & Research Interest
Presentation of cytokines after hormonal stimulation of human peripheral blood cells (with Leptin, Insulin, Glucagon)
Honors & Awards
Greek Foundation of Scholarships, during Medical School, 1986-1992 (for high grades)
Gatsiou C, Tsiotra P, Tsigos C, Raptis SA. Insulin and leptin powerfully stimulate tumor necrosis factor a and interleukin -1b transcription in human peripheral monocytes in vitro. Diabetologia 2000; 43 (Suppl 1, I-IV) : A21.
Tsiaousis G, Koutsouri A, Gatsiou C, Paniara O, Pepas C, Chalevelakis G. Liver and brain mucormycosis in diabetic patient type II successfully treated with liposomal amphotericin B. Scandinavian journal of infectious Diseases 200; 32 (3): 335-337.
Conferences, invited talks:
Gatsiou C et al., Primary Immunodeficiencies, 2nd Symposium of Pediatric Immunology, April, Athens, Greece
Gatsiou C et al., Infections from Strep. Agalactiae in non pregnant adults, a new problem.5th Greek Congress on Infections, 2001, Athens, Greece.
Gatsiou C et al., «Insulin and leptin powerfully stimulate tumor necrosis factor a and interleukin 1b transcription in human peripheral monocytes in vitro », Jerusalem, Israel, September 2000.
Gatsiou C et al., A case of Sweet’s syndrome presenting as tonsillitis and rash.23rd Greek Medical Congress, 1997, Athens, Greece.
Gatsiou C et al., Antibodies in patients with rickettsial diseases. 4th Greek Congress in Immunology,1998, Thessaloniki,Greece.
Gatsiou C et al.,The helicobacter pylori prevalence in our patients, hospitalized for upper respiratory truck symptoms during 1996. 6th Annual Meeting of Corfu Medical Association, 1997, Corfu, Greece.
Gatsiou C et al., A patient with Hepatitis C and Idiopathic thrombocytopenic purpura.5th Annual Meeting of Corfu Medical Association, 1996, Corfu, Greece.