Alivizatos Gerasimos UrologistDirector, 3rd Urology Department HYGEIA Hospital
Education & Academic Qualifications
- 1974-1979: Bachelor of Science (major in Physiology), McGill University, Montreal, Canada
- 1979-1984: Athens Medical School
- 1985-1986: Military service
- 1988-1992: Training in Urology, Athens Medical School, Laiko Hospital (Prof. C. Dimopoulos)
- 1992: Doctoral Degree from Athens Medical School. Title of Thesis: The value of PSA in the Diagnosis of Prostatic Carcinoma.
- 1992: Fellow of the European Association of Urology (FEBU)October 1992-October 1993: Fellowship in Urological Oncology in Nijmegen, Holland (Prof. F. Debruyne) funded with a scholarship from the Onnasis Foundation.
- 1994: Lecturer in the Urology Department of Athens Medical School
- 2000: Assistant Professor in the Urology Department of Athens Medical School, Sismanoglio Hospital
- 2006: Associate Professor in the Urology Department of Athens Medical School, Sismanoglio Hospital
- Sept 2008: Director of the 3rd Urology Clinic of YGEIA Hospital
Professional & other activities
President of the examination committee of European Board of Urology (EBU) (2007-2011)
Board member of European Society of Uro-Technology (ESUT) (2004-2008)
Member of the EAU – BPH guidelines committee (1999-2006)
Member of the Editorial Board of European Urology (1997-2012)
Reviewer in various Urological Journals
President of the “Mantzavinatio Foundation” (2004-today), which is a charity organization that donates funds, dealing with medical issues, in the island of Cephalonia.
Clinical & Research Interest
Prostatic diseases, Urological Oncology, lithiasis
Author and co-author of 60 peer review articles and 9 chapters in various books