Centers of Excellence
Pediatric Orthopaedics Clinic
Children are active, play and run all the time as they are trying to discover the world.
The pathological problems of the growing skeleton, different for each age, are very common and sometimes very complicated and difficult to be addressed.
Having in mind that firstly, “the child is not an adult in small size” and secondly that we are “very serious with the health problems of the children”, specialized knowledge and great experience are needed for the safest management of the musculosckeletal problems during the childhood.
The 2nd department of Pediatric Orthopaedics is highly specialized in diagnosis and management of the developmental hip dysplasia based on ultrasound of the neonate hip joint according to Graf’s principles and in treating the talipes equinovarus (clubfeet) with the Ponseti method.
At the same time we provide comprehensive high standard care for all the non-traumatic problems of the children. Some of them are the following:
- Congenital anomalies of the foot (metatarsus adductus, rigid planovalgus)
- Congenital anomalies of the hand (polydactyly, syndaktyly, acrosyndactyly)
- Scoliosis & Kyphosis
- Limb length discrepancy
- Axial deformities of the upper & lower limbs
- Knee problems (osteochondritis dissecans, discoid meniscus)
- Osteochondritis dissecans of the talus
- Neglected hip dislocation
Regarding trauma care, accumulated experience within the 2nd orthopaedic department ensures that immediate, state of the art treatment is provided. As a result the hospitalization time and the complication rate are phenomenally low.