Information for patients
For your admission, please bring with you:
- Valid ID or passport
- Health booklet
- Copies of any medical information relating to your hospitalization, e.g. X-rays, diagnoses, medical test results
- Hospitalization card or any other proof of private health insurance
The Patient Admissions staff will handle the admission procedure and will ask you for:
- Your personal details to issue your admission form, which has to be signed by you.
- The room type you prefer.
Before you are admitted, contact your insurance agent to find out exactly what your insurance policy covers. Bring your policy number with you.
To find out which insurance companies MITERA is affiliated with, please contact Patient Accounts (T: +30 210 686 9117) Monday to Friday 8:00 am – 2:00 pm.
Upon admission, you will be given the Hygeia Card with your name and personal code number on it.
As soon as your discharge has been finalized by your attending physician, you will be contacted by a Patient Accounts officer to settle your bill.
The bill is finalized and any outstanding balance is paid on the discharge day. The Patient Accounts Department is open 8:00 am – 7:00 pm on weekdays and 8:00 am – 4:00 pm on Saturdays and Sundays.
We accept payment by all major credit cards, cash or check, as well as by deposit to the MITERA bank account. A bank branch with an ATM (connected to interbank networks) is conveniently located on Level 1.
Discharge must take place by 12:00 pm.
Upon leaving MITERA General Hospital, don’t forget to take with you:
- Your invoice
- Your discharge form
- Your personal items
- The invoice issued by the private-duty nurse (if you used one). If it is to be submitted to your social insurance fund, then the invoice must be certified by your Ward Supervisor and the Nursing Division Director.
You may receive a copy of your medical file 3 working days after filing a request with the Medical Records Department (Level A).
Please contact the Medical Records Department for more information.
Medical Records: +31 210 686 9189 (8:00 am – 2:30 pm, Monday to Friday)
Access to the map here.