Skotiniotis Ilias – Alexis GastroenterologistDirector of 3rd Gastroenterology Department HYGEIA
Education & Academic Qualifications
- Clinical Instructor, 2000-2003: Harvard Medical School, Boston, U.S.A.
- Fellowship in Advanced Endoscopy, 2000: Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, U.S.A.
- Fellowship in Gastroenterology, 1999: Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, U.S.A.
- Residency in Internal Medicine, 1994: Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, U.S.A.
- Medical Degree (M.D.), 1991: Cornell University Medical College, New York, U.S.A.
Ph.D., University of Patras, 2005: The role of Helicobacter pylori infection in apoptosis of the gastric epithelium: a possible mechanism of carcinogenesis
Fellowship in Societies, Membership in Journal Editorial Committees
Editorial Board: Techniques in Gastrointestinal Endoscopy, 2004-today
Fellow, American Gastroenterogical Association, 2008-today
International Member, American Society of Gastrointestinal Endoscopy, 2003-today
2003-present: Hygeia Hospital, Athens, Greece
2000-2003: Attending physician, Brigham & Women’s Hospital, Boston, U.S.A.
2000-2003: Attending physician, Boston Veterans Administration Healthcare System, Boston, U.S.A.
1999-2000: Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, U.S.A.
Clinical & Research Interest
Endoscopic ultrasonography (EUS)
Endoscopic retrograde cholangiopancreatography (ERCP)
Diseases of the pancreas and biliary system
Advanced endoscopic techniques
Natural orifice transluminal endoscopic surgery (NOTES)