Papavasileiou Michael Cardiologist
Education & Academic Qualifications
- Graduated from the Medical School of University of Bologna, Italy, (1999).
- Specialized in Cardiology at “Konstantopoulio – Agia Olga” General Hospital, Athens, Greece (2009).
- Specialized in Interventional Cardiology at “Konstantopoulio – Agia Olga” General Hospital, Athens, Greece (4/2013 until 3/2014).
- Course in BLS-AED (Basic Life Support and Automated External Defibrillation) of the European Resuscitation Council (BLS provider) (2005).
- Course for instructors in BLS-AED (Basic Life Support and Automated External Defibrillation) of the European Resuscitation Council (BLS Instructor) (2005).
- Course in ALS (Advanced Life Support) of the European Resuscitation Council (ALS Provider) (2005).
- Licensed to perform Echocardiograms (2010).
Fellowship in Societies, Membership in Journal Editorial Committees
Member of the Greek Society of Cardiology.
Member of the European Society of Cardiology
Hygeia Hospital, 2nd Cardiology Clinic, Consultant Cardiologist from June 2010 to date.
Hygeia Hospital, 2nd Cardiothoracic Surgery Department, Consultant Cardiologist from 3/2010 to 12 /2010.
General Hospital of Nea Ionia Konstantopoulio – St. Olga, Cardiology Department, from 12-5-2004 to 11-5-2008. Specialization in Cardiology.
General Hospital of Melissia Athens “Amalia Fleming”, 2nd Department of Internal Medicine from 28-2-2002 to 28-11-2003. Specialization in Internal Medicine.
Medical Department of International Airport of Athens “El. Venizelos” from 1-7-2003 to 31-9-2003. Seconded from General Hospital of Melissia, Athens, “Amalia Fleming” due to the precautionary measures of “Bird Flu” outbreak.
Provincial Medical Center of Graikiko and Medical Center of Agnanta, Arta from 28-6-2000 to 27-6-2001. Rural service.
Arta’s General Hospital from 2-3-2000 until 1-6-2000. Obligatory trimester practical education prior to rural service.
Instructor at BLS-AED courses (Basic Life Support and Automated External Defibrillation)
Clinical & Research Interest
Transradial approach for coronary artery interventions.
Therapy of acute cardiac syndrome.
Atrial Fibrillation and antithrombotic therapy.
Prolepsis from sudden cardiac death.
Honors & Awards
First Prize for the announcement “Magnesium increases the safety of Ibutilide when given for converting Atrial Fibrillation to sinus rhythm.” S. Patsilinakos, S. Spanodimos, D. Antonatos, A.H. Christou, M. Papavasileiou, N.D. Tsigas, V. Fotopoulos, E. Taxiarchou, A. Andrikou. Ioannina Cardio-Vascular Education 2007, Ioannina, Greece, December 6-8, 2007, as the best cardiology announcement of the congress.
Nikolaou NI, Goritsas C, Dede M, Paissios NP, Papavasileiou M., Rombola AT, Ferti A. “Brain natriuretic peptide increases in septic patients without severe sepsis or shock.” European Journal of Internal Medicine 2007 Nov;18(7):535-41.