Mousiama Thiresia-Tereza Cardiologist
Education & Academic Qualifications
- 8/2018-10/2018: Observership in Adult Congenital Heart Disease, Royal Brompton and Harefield Trust NHS, under Prof. M. Gatzoulis
- 01/ 2015-6/2016: Training in the Management of Congenital Heart Disease in Children and Adults, Cardiology Department, Tzanio General Hospital of Pireus
- 12/2014: Certification Exams in Cardiology, University of Athens Faculty
- 06/2014: European Bachelor in General Cardiology
- 12/2010-09/2014: Resident in Cardiology, Cardiology Department, Tzanio General Hospital of Pireus
- 04-06/2013: Seminars in Good Clinical Practice and Regulatory Requirements for Clinical Trials, Department of Hygiene, Epidemiology and Medical Statistics, Athens University Medical School in association with Cambridge University Hospitals
- 17-22/10/2011: 1st Advanced Course in the Management of Disaster Victims, Athens University School of Medicine in association with Cyprus Civil Defense, Nicosia, Cyprus
- 08-10/10/2010: Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS), Hellenic Society of Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation and Medical School, University of Athens
- 09/2009-01/2010: Resident in Cardiology, Cardiology Department, General Hospital of Zakynthos
- 21/12/2009: Instructors Seminar in Basic Life Support (BLS) and Use of Automatic External Defibrillators (AED), National First Aid Center (EKAV), Athens Department and ERC
- 18/05-05/06/09: Diving and Hyperbaric Medicine and Nursing, Education and Research Department, Athens Navy Hospital
- 21/08-8/09/08: 1st Postgraduate Seminar in Tropical and Travel Medicine, University of Athens, School of Medicine in association with Tanzanian Training Center for International Health
- 08/11/08: Instructors Seminar in BLS/AED, National First Aid Center (EKAV), Athens Department and ERC
- 2-3/02/08: Advanced Trauma Life Support (ATLS), American College of Surgeons, Hellenic Chapter
- 09/2007-06/2011: Master of Science in “International Medicine – Health Crisis Management”, Department of Medicine, University of AthensThesis in: “Preparedness and Management Planning of Radiological, Biological and Chemical Events”
- 09/2007-03/2009: Resident in Internal Medicine, 4th Internal Medicine Department, “Evangelismos” General Hospital of Athens
- 11/04/05-30/06/05: Medical Postgraduate Training Program, Hygeia Diagnostic and Therapeutic Center of Athens
- 24/11/2004: Certified Resuscitator via BLS/AED Training, Hellenic Society of Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation
- 1997-2002: Medical Degree, Department of Medicine, University of Athens,
- 1996-2000: Master of Science in “Public Health”, Department of Nursing, University of Athens, Thesis in: “The Theory of Decision Making in Health Care”
- 1992-1996: Nursing Degree, Department of Nursing, University of Athens
1/2019-present: MITERA Private Hospital, Pediatric Cardiology and Adult Congenital Heart Disease Department, Cardiology Consultant
8-2017-present: LETO Obstetrics, Gynaecology and Surgical Center, Cardiology Fellow
6/2017-12/2018: Hygeia Diagnostic and Therapeutic Center of Athens, Cardiology Consultant, Electrophysiology, Pacemaker and ICD Department, Head: Th. Apostolopoulos
12/2015-5/2017: Henry Dunant Hospital Center, Cardiology Consultant, 2nd Cardiology Department, Head: Ilias Tsougkos
3/2015-12/2015: Henry Dunant Hospital Center, Cardiology Fellow
3/2015-3/2016: Diagnostic Center “DIAGNOSI”, Glifada Branch
2/2009-08/2009: National Center of Health Care Operations (“EKEPI”), Coordinating Center Fellow Worker
7/9/2006-31/08/2007: Public Health Consultant, National Health System, Public Health Directorate, Prefecture of Rethymno
12/2002-3/2004: General Medicine Rural Clinic in Karoplesi, Prefecture of Karditsa
1996-2007: Professional translator of English and German medical textbooks for reputable Greek publishers.
1998-2001: Research Fellow, Biologic Chemistry Laboratory, Medical School, University of Athens, Professor A. Kalofoutis
1997-1998: Research Fellow, Center for Health Services Management and Evaluation, Nursing School, University of Athens, Professor: L. Liaropoulos.
Tutorials on Social Medicine Lectures Course, Faculty of Nursing, University of Athens, full semester, academic years 1997-1998 and 1998-1999.
Tutorials on Research Methodology-Clinical Decision Making Theory, Faculty of Nursing, University of Athens, full semester, academic years 1997-1998 and 1998-1999.
Clinical and Research Interest
Adult Congenital Heart Disease
Member of the CHALLENGE Registry Group for adults with congenital heart disease in Greece
Mousiama T, Tsougkos I. Cardiovascular disease in women: An Update. In: “Στους Ρυθμούς της Καρδιάς”, March-April 2016, Volume 25, Issue 256, page 17.
Sideris SK, Bonios MJ, Eftihiadis EE, Melexopoulou CA, Mousiama TA, Diplaris KT & Kogias JS (2005). Severe thrombocytopenia after heparin therapy in a patient with unstable angina and recent stent implantation. Hellenic journal of cardiology 2005; Vol. 46: 242-6
van Loon J, Liaropoulos L, Mousiama T. Economic Evaluation of a Recombinant Follicle-Stimulating Hormone (Follitropin Beta, Puregon) in Infertile Women Undergoing in vitro Fertilization in Greece, Clin Drug Invest 2000 Mar, 19 (3), 201-211.
Mousiama T, Ioakimidou S, Largatzi E, Kaitelidou D, Liaropoulos L. Heatlh Technology Assessment in the area of prevention: selected screening cases in Greece. Int J Techn Assess Health Care 2001; 17(3): 338-357.
Mousiama T, Papapanagiotou A, Kalofoutis A, Skenderi Aik. High density lipoprotein (HDL) – Metabolic Modification of the Molecule and the Role of Enzymes. Iatriki Epikairotita, July-August 2002,6(3), 1852-1855.
Ziroyanis PN, Katostaras Th, Mousiama T. The Attitude of Physicians towards Continuing Medical Education in Greece. Hippokratia 2003, 7; 2:84-92.
Mousiama T, Zisaki A, Piperi X, Skenderi A, Kalofoutis A. Muscular Dystrophies: An analysis of Phospholipid Fatty Acids on red blood cell membranes. Iatriki Epikairotita, July-August 2004, 8(3), 2744-2745.