Loukari Yiannakou Eleni Endocrinologist
Education & Academic Qualifications
- 1970–1976: Pagkyprio High school of Nicosia.
- 1976–1980: Department of Biology, School of Physics/Mathematics, University of Athens.
- 1981–1987: Doctoral student, Department of Biology, University of Athens.
- 1985–1992: Medical School, University of Athens.
- 1993–1995: Internal Medicine training at “Sotiria” Regional Chest Diseases Hospital.
- 1998–2002: Endocrinology training at G.H.A “Alexandra” Endocrinology-Diabetology Department of Internal Medicine Division which included one year training at Gestational Diabetes Department.
- 2002: Medical Specialty Title: Endocrinology
- 2012: Training at General Hospital of Athens “G. Gennimatas” and acquisition of certificate to perform Ultrasound of organs of Endocrinology, Minis-try of Health & Social Solidarity, Pr.N. Υ7α/Γ.Π.5106/08-06-2012.
1987: Doctorate Degree in Biological Sciences from the Department of Biology, School of Physics and Mathematics, University of Athens. Grade “Honors”
Doctoral Thesis: “Experimental Study on the morphology of guard cells of the plant Zea mays”.
- Hellenic Endocrine Society
- Hellenic Diabetes Association
- Hellenic Society for the Study of Bone Metabolism
- European Society of Endocrinology
- European Thyroid Association
- 1995-1998 and 2002-2003: “Blue Cross” Clinic as a doctor on duty in ICU and as a physician in the artificial kidney unit and in the Oncology Depart-ment of the Pathology Clinic.
- 2005-2011: As a physician Endocrinologist associate of the Agricultural Bank of Greece Health Fund.
- 2003-2016: As an Endocrinologist in the outpatient clinic of the University Hospital,
“Applied Endocrinology and Diabetes Mellitus Research Unit, Medical School, UOA”
- 2003 to present: Private Practice
- 2015 to present: Scientific Associate at Endocrinology-Diabetology Department of MITERA SA.
During my doctoral thesis I participated in the implementation of laboratory exercises in the unit of Botany for the undergraduate students of the Biology and Pharmaceuti-cal Department
1) “Determination of calcium and phosphorus as parameter for the study of bone me-tabolism” Postgraduate classes for the Hellenic Society for the Study of Bone Me-tabolism, 1992, Athens.
2) Hypothyroidism. Thyroidopathies from diagnosis to treatment, Department of En-docrinology-Gestational Diabetes-Thyroid Center MITERA, 2016, Athens.
Clinical and Research Interest
- Clinical Interest:
Diseases of Thyroid, Bone metabolism and Reproductive system; Metabolic Syn-drome and Diabetes Mellitus
- Research Interest:
Autoimmune Thyroiditis; Diabetes Mellitus; Gestational Diabetes
Scholarships from the National Institute of Scholarships (N.I.S):
1) As an expatriate national student, 1976‐1980.
2) As a postgraduate national student, 1981-1983.
Publications in international scientific journals
- Galatis B., P. Apostolakos , Chr. Katsaros and E. LOUKARI, 1982: Pre-prophase microtubule band and local wall thickening in guard cells of some Legumonosae. Ann. Bot. 50,779 – 791.
- LOUCARI-YIANNAKOU E., L. Yiannakou , A. Souvatzoglou and E. P. Diaman-dis, 1990: Radioimmunonassay of digoxin in serum using monoclonal antibodies and assessment of interference by digoxin-like immunoreactive substances. Ther. Drug. Monit. 12,195 – 200.
- L. Yiannakou, E. LOUKARI-YIANNAKOU and A. Souvatzoglou 1991.
Digoxin-like immunoreactivity in cord blood plasma extracts is not only due to en-dogenous corticosteroids.Clin. Biochem. 24, 475-82.
- I. Ilias, G.K. Kallipolitis, M. Sotiropoulou, Ch. Sofokleus, E. LOUKARI, A. Sou-vatzoglou, 2002. An XY female with Mullerian duct development and persistent Wolffian duct structures. Clin. Exp. Obst.&Gyn.-xxix,n 2, 103-104.
International Meetings Presentations
- G. Maos , A. Souvatzoglou , M. Garofalaki , L. Yiannakou , E. LOUKARI , E. Rapti, D. Aravantinos. Digoxin-like factor in normal and hypertensive pregnant wom-en.(1992). 9th International Congress of Endocrinology. France.
- E. Anastasiou, E. LOUCARI, H. Stavrianos, E. Zapanti, M. Alevizaki, G. Philippou. Comparison of ADA and WHO criteria for Diabetes diagnosis in women with previ-ous gestational diabetes mellitus (2002). 38th Annual Meeting of the European As-sociation for the Study of Diabetes, Diabetologia (suppl) 45: p Α294.
- Η. Stavrianos, T. Papaioannou, E. LOUCARI, E. Zapanti, M. Alevizaki, G. Philip-pou, E. Anastasiou. Comparison of blood glucose values drawn from fingertip and forearm sampling site.(2002). 38th Annual Meeting of the European Association for the Study of Diabetes, Diabetologia (suppl) 45:pA276
- M. Giannakou, K. Saltiki, E. Loukari, A. Mantzou, G. Philippou, K. Terzidis, C. Stavrianos, M. Alevizaki, Association of common polymorphisms of the RAGE (Receptor for Advanced Glycation End products) gene with autoimmune parameters in women with Hashimoto’s thyroiditis, European Thyroid Association, Santiago de Compostela 2014.
- M. Giannakou, K. Saltiki, E. Loukari, A. Mantzou, G. Philippou, K. Terzidis, C. Stavrianos, M. Alevizaki. Associations of Two Common Polymorphisms -429T>C and -374T>a of the RAGE Gene Promoter with Hashimoto’s Thyroiditis in Greek Women. 98th Annual Meeting of the Endocrine Society. Boston, 2016.
- M. Giannakou, K. Saltiki, E. Loukari, A. Mantzou, G. Philippou, K. Terzidis, C. Stavrianos, M. Alevizaki. Autoimmune thyroiditis: association with two common polymorphisms of the rage gene and oxidative stress. European Congress of Endocrinology, Munich, 2016.