Koufakis Ioannis Urologist
Education & Academic Qualifications
- 1976-1978, Medical School, Aristotle University of Thessaloniki
- 1978-1983 Medical School of National and Kapodistrian University of Athens
- License to practice Medicine, Prefecture Chanea, 1983
- 1985-1986, Resident of Surgery, Pammakaristos Hospital
- 11/1986-11/1990,Resident of Urology, University Urological Clinic, General Hospital Laiko
- License to practice Urology, Prefecture of Athens, 1991
Post-grad, Continuing Education:
- 1/1991-5/1991, Radiation Department, 401 Military Hospital of Athens
- 3/1991-12/1991, Diagnostic & Therapeutic Center of Athens “HYGEIA”
- 01/1992 – 10/1992 Hospital Bardenberg, Academic Teaching Hospital, University of Aachen/ Germany. Prof. S.Lymberopoulos. (Genitourinary Oncology, Urinary Calculi, Endoscopic Urology)
- 8/1992-9/1992, Municipal Hospital Harlaching, Munich/Germany Prof.Ch.Chaussy, (Extracorporeal shock wave Lithotripsy, Percutaneous Lithotripsy)
- 11/1992-3/1993, Urology Department, St.Savvas Oncology Hospital of Athens
- Fellow of the European Board of Urology, Genoa 1992
Determination of the reconstructive enzyme O6-Alkylguanine-DNA-Alkyltransferase in epithelial cells of the transitional cell carcinoma of the bladder, 1990.
3/1993-5/1996, Clinical Fellow, 1st Urology Clinic, HYGEIA Hospital. Prof.S.Lymberopoulos
5/1996 –Present, Consultant of HYGEIA Hospital.
5/1984-7/1985, Obligatory rural practice, Prina, Lasithi Prefecture and Spilia, Chanea Prefeture.
Clinical & Research Interest
Prostate gland disorders