Education & Academic Qualifications
- Degree of Medical School of Athens, National and Kapodistrian University of Athens
- Specialty in Pediatric Surgery
- MSc in Operative Anatomy, National and Kapodistrian University of Athens
- PhD, National and Kapodistrian University of Athens
- 2019: “Health literacy of parents/guardians of pediatric surgical patients, a correlational study.” National and Kapodistrian University of Athens
Hellenic Society of Pediatric Surgery
Hellenic Society of Medical Studies (Elected Deputy General Secretary since March 2019)
IATRIKI, official journal of Hellenic Society of Medical Studies
AD-HOC REVIEWER for peer-reviewed international journals
BMC Surgery, Pediatrics International, Case reports in orthopedics, International Journal of Pediatric Research, Annals of Pediatrics and Child Care
2021 – σήμερα: Consultant Pediatric Surgeon in 3rd Department of Pediatric Surgery, MITERA Hospital
2020 – 2021: Pediatric Surgeon IASO Paidon
During training in Pediatric Surgery work and training in Switzerland (Geneva University Hospitals, Jura, Nyon) and Agia Sophia Children’s Hospital in Athens
Teaching of First Aid lessons and Pediatric Surgery in undergraduate and postgraduate students in National and Kapodistrian University of Athens
Clinical and Research Interest
- Pediatric Surgery, Neonatal Surgery
- Anorectal Malformations
- Specialisation in laparoscopic, percutaneous minimal invasive pediatric surgery in Switzerland (Geneva, Davos) and Strasbourd (IRCAD) as well as upper GI endoscopy (Agia Sophia Children’s Hospital and IRCAD, Strasbourg)
- During specialty training in Geneva University Hospitals special interest in hepatic surgery and pediatric urology.
Rich scientific work (participation in research groups, multiple international and Greek publications, chapters of scientific books, presentations, and lectures at international and Greek scientific conferences) and teaching of Pediatric Surgery and First Aid courses for undergraduates and postgraduate students.
- 2015 – 2019: Member of the research group of the 1st Department of Pediatric Surgery in Agia Sophia Children’s Hospital in Athens
- 2012 – 2014: Member of the research group of Pediatric Surgical Department of the Geneva Children’s University Hospital
- 2000 – 2003: Collaborator of the Experimental Physiology Lab, Athens Medical School
- 2003 – 2007: Collaborator of the Experimental Surgery Lab, 2nd Surgical Department, University of Athens, Aretaieion Hospital
Admitted 1st in Medical School of Athens after Panhellenic Exams
Scholarships from State Scholarships Foundation and Manolis Christoulakis Foundation
5 awarded papers in scientific congresses
- First author of 2 chapters of Pediatric Surgery notes for 6th year students of 1st Department of Pediatrics, National and Kapodistrian University of Athens, 2016.
Kampouroglou G et al. Umbilical disorders. pages 32-38.
Kampouroglou G et al. Non-bile-stained vomiting in infancy. pages 39-44.
- Physiology of aging, Experimental Physiology Lab, Athens Medical School (1st edition Athens 2005) translator
- Atlas of Surgery, (Kostantaras medical publications 2009) translator
Recent Publications (till 10)
B Ielpo, M Podda, […], and ACIE Appy Study Collaborative: Global attitudes in the management of acute appendicitis during COVID‐19 pandemic: ACIE Appy Study. Br J Surg. 2021 Jun; 108(6): 717–726.
Kampouroglou G et al. Health literacy of parents/caregivers of paediatric surgical patients: A study on 1000 individuals. Afr J Paediatr Surg. Apr-Jun 2021;18(2):85-89. doi: 10.4103/ajps.AJPS_42_20.
Kampouroglou G et al. Parental anxiety in pediatric surgery consultations: the role of health literacy and need for information. J Pediatr Surg. 2020 Apr;55(4):590-596.
G Kampouroglou et al. Parental Health Literacy in the Pediatric Surgical Setting. Chirurgia 114 (3), 326-330, 2019.
Velonaki VS, Ouissa AS, Kampouroglou G. Separation of children from undocumented immigrant parents: From USA to Greece. V Public health nursing (Boston, Mass.) 37 (1), 3, 2020
Kampouroglou G et al. Azygos vein cannulation after catheterisation of the left internal jugular vein in a toddler BMJ Case Reports CP 12 (1), 2019
A Mentessidou, I Loukou, G Kampouroglou, A Livani,… Long-term intestinal obstruction sequelae and growth in children with cystic fibrosis operated for meconium ileus: expectancies and surprises Journal of Pediatric Surgery 53 (8), 1504-1508,2018
D Ceroni, G Kampouroglou, R Anderson della Llana, D Salvo.Osteoarticular infections in young children: what has changed over the last years? Swiss medical weekly 144, w13971, 2014
G Kampouroglou, VS Velonaki, G Androutsos Hypospadias pathophysiology and treatment principles, not as recent as we think. General Health and Medical Sciences 1 (1), 1-2, 2014.
G Kampouroglou, V Dubois-Ferrière, RA De La Llana, G Renzi, … A prospective study of intrafamilial oropharyngeal transmission of Kingella kingae The Pediatric infectious disease journal 33 (4), 410-411, 2014.