Diakatos Andreas Orthopedist
Education & Academic Qualifications
- 1993- 2000: National University Of Sofia Faculty of Medicine, Bachelor Degree in Medicine MD.
- 2009- 2014: Hospital Asklipiion Voulas, Athens, Greece, NHS Registrar in Orthopaedic Surgery.
- 2012- 2014 Hand-Upper Limb-Microsurgery General Hospital and Trauma Center K.A.T.
- Three month comprehensive course of microsurgical techniques on experimental animals (rabbits and mice) which focused on proper procedures of artery, vein and nerve suturing and reconstruction, with the use of bifocal microscopes. Course Supervisor: S. Spyridonas MD, PhD. Research centre for the study of musculoskeletal diseases. General Hospital and Trauma Centre K.A.T., Athens (14/01/2013- 31/03/2013).
- Hand Surgery Course – Live Surgery and Workshop on Cadavers. Hand-Upper Limb and Reconstruction Microsurgery Unit, Athens Medical Centre. Athens. Organizing Committee: P. Giannakopoulos, A. Misitzis. (12-13 April, 2013).
- Artthroscopic shoulder surgical techniques on cadaveric specimens contacted by the Upper limb and Microsurgery clinic of the KAT Hospital in cooperation with the Greek orthopaedic and trauma society (15- 16 February, 2014).
Fellowship in Societies, Membership in Journal Editorial Committees
2009- 2014: Hospital Asklipiion Voulas, Athens, Greece, NHS, Registrar in Orthopaedic Surgery.
2014 until now: Private Orthopaedic Surgeon.
2015- 2017: Consultant Orthopaedic Surgeon in Mediterraneo Hospital.
2017 until now: Consultant Orthopaedic Surgeon in Hygeia Hospital.
Clinical & Research Interest
Robotic Orthopaedic Surgery.
Knee and shoulder arthroscopic surgery.