Education & Academic Qualifications
- Medical School: University of Athens Medical School, 1967-1974
- Radiology Board Certification (Greece) 1978.
- Research Associate at the Department of Radiology, Aretaieio Hospital, University of Athens Medical School at the CT Section, 1979-1983
- Visiting fellow at the New York University Medical Center, New York, NY, 1980-1983
- Ph.D., Athens University Medical School, 1983 Department of Radiology, Aretaieio Hospital.
- Lecturer in Radiology, Athens University Medical School, 1984, Department of Radiology, Aretaieio Hospital.
- Adjunct Assistant Professor of Radiology, Athens University Medical School 1984.
- Visiting Professor, Nursing School of Athens University, Course on imaging methods, 1990-1992.
Fellowship in Societies, Membership in Journal Editorial Committees
- Hellenic Roentgen Ray Society 1980
- Hellenic Medical Society 1983
- College of Orthopedics 1989-
- Hellenic Gastroenterology Society 1989-
- Hellenic Oncologic Society 1989-
- Hellenic Society of Invasive Radiology, Vascular Radiology and Neuroradiology 1990-
- Hellenic Ultrasound Society 1990-
- Cardiovascular and Interventional Radiological Society of Europe (CIRCE) 1993-
- Member of the Hellenic Society against Lung Cancer 1994-
- American Roentgen Ray Society (ARRS) 2004-
- European Society of Radiology (ESR) 2014-
- Military service Ensign at the Greek Navy 1974-1977.
- Country rural service: Staff radiologist at the Radiology Department of the Kalamata General Hospital 1979.
- Staff radiologist at the Department of Radiology, Aretaieio Hospital, University of Athens Medical
- School at the CT Section, 1980.
- Director, Section of Computed Tomography, Agios Savvas Cancer Hospital, 1984-1986.
- Director, Section of Computed Tomography, Agios Panteleimonas Clinic.
- Director, Section of Computed Tomography, Blue Cross Clinic.
- Director, Section of Computed Tomography and Magnetic Resonance, Hygeia Hospital, 1986-2011.
- Director, Section PET/CT Hygeia Hospital 2004-2011.
- Coordinator in charge of imaging Dep. Hygeia Hospital 2010-2011.
- Chairman of imaging Dep. Hygeia-Mitera Hospitals 2011-
Other Scientific Activities:
- More than 60 original papers, reviews or book chapters in Greek and international journals/medical textbooks.
- More than 170 presentations in Greek and International medical conferences
Participated in more than 200 lectures, seminars, postgraduate courses and round tables, including chairing many of these
- Active participation in organizing many medical conferences and membership in the Board of
- Directors of many scientific societies and organizations.
- Editor and co-editor of five medical textbooks.
- Member of the Board of Directors of Hygeia hospital 1994-1995
- Chairman Scientific Committee, Hygeia Hospital, 1994-1995.
- Member, Committee on Academic Collaboration between the Mayo Clinic and Hygeia, 1995-1996.
- Member of Advising Committee, “Stavros Niarchos Foundation” 1997-2003.
- Vice president of the Scientific Council, Hygeia Hospital 2003-2005.
- Vice president of the Scientific Council, Hygeia Hospital 2007-2008.
- Member of the Board of Directors of the nonprofit organization “PNEUMON” 2008-
- Member of the Board of Directors of the theater of “KOUN” 2009-
- Chairman of the independent procurement committee of the HYGEIA group 2009-
- Member of the Board of Directors of Hygeia group 2012-
- Member of the Board of Directors of Mitera hospital 2013-
- Member of the Board of the Scientific Council of Mitera hospital 2013-2015
- Chair of the committee for the creation and implementation of the electronic patient medical file 2013-
- Member of the board of directors of the non-profit charitable organization “Coeurs Pour Tous Hellas” 2014-